About me
I started taking pictures mostly by accident. As part of a contest offering a variety of prizes, I entered a photo competition in hopes of winning a camera. It was also an opportunity for amateur photographers to partake in the production of an open-air gallery featuring photographs of Vancouver.
Of the more then 3,600 images entered in the contest, one of my pictures was chosen to be part of the 260-image gallery. This was the catalyst that started my serious interest in perusing photography.
Having no idea how to make a manual camera work, I attended "Focal Point" to gain a better understanding of the basics of photography. I thought that if I was going to become a photographer, I should know how to use a camera from the technical aspect as well as the artistic one.
I started out by taking headshots and portrait photographs for friends at work. I soon found out that I was able to get them to show their true selves through pictures with me more easily than they ever had before. I gained more clients through word of mouth, eventually becoming the main photographer, for approximately 3 years, for a local hair salons’ advertising campaign.
I have taken a long ten-year break from photography and only now realize how much taking pictures fulfills me. I have decided to focus more towards architecture and urban landscape photographs.
I have been working on fine-tuning, what my eyes see. Trying to be consistent with my web name I would like to share my “spirit” perspective of our wonderful city with you… to show you what we see everyday in a new way.
Thank you and enjoy!
George Campbell
Keoki
Of the more then 3,600 images entered in the contest, one of my pictures was chosen to be part of the 260-image gallery. This was the catalyst that started my serious interest in perusing photography.
Having no idea how to make a manual camera work, I attended "Focal Point" to gain a better understanding of the basics of photography. I thought that if I was going to become a photographer, I should know how to use a camera from the technical aspect as well as the artistic one.
I started out by taking headshots and portrait photographs for friends at work. I soon found out that I was able to get them to show their true selves through pictures with me more easily than they ever had before. I gained more clients through word of mouth, eventually becoming the main photographer, for approximately 3 years, for a local hair salons’ advertising campaign.
I have taken a long ten-year break from photography and only now realize how much taking pictures fulfills me. I have decided to focus more towards architecture and urban landscape photographs.
I have been working on fine-tuning, what my eyes see. Trying to be consistent with my web name I would like to share my “spirit” perspective of our wonderful city with you… to show you what we see everyday in a new way.
Thank you and enjoy!
George Campbell
Keoki

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home